One Stop Health Card & EDL Renewals in Stouffville
June 15, 2012
We have all been there, procrastinating the “renewal” until we are about the “expire.” Why the wait?
Most of us know that renewing a health card, Enhanced Ontario Drivers License and license plate stickers can often be quite a time consuming task and it often requires us to run around to several different locations to renew each government documentation –but not anymore!
Last week I found myself in a crisis, with both a health card and license to renew, as well as license plate stickers to replace, all in one day, I knew I would be running around the world to get it all done.
I booked my appointment in Newmarket, gathered my documents and then proceeded to the Driver and Vehicle License Issuing Offices located at 37 Sandiford Drive in Stouffville.
To my delight and surprise, when I arrived at the drivers and licensing office in Stouffville, I was greeted by a sign on the door that stated that this location is now renewing Ontario Health Cards as well. Brilliant!
Stouffville residents no longer have to make the trek to Newmarket to renew these documents.
Health cards, Enhanced Drivers Licenses and license plate sticks can all be renewed right here in Stouffville!
Health card basics: What you need to know to renew
First, book your appointment through: the Service Ontario website
Once your appointment is booked you will need to bring the following original documents to your appointment:
- Proof of your Citizenship e.g. Canadian Birth Certificate, Permanent Resident Card
- Your Ontario Residency(must reflect current home address) e.g. Valid Ontario Driver's Licence, Rental Agreement, Utility Bill (home phone, cable TV, hydro) with your name on it
- Proof of Your Identity (a document with both your name and signature on it) e.g. Credit Card, Canadian or Foreign Passport
- Completed Health Card Renewal Form
Renewing your Enhanced Driver’s License
You must schedule an appointment before you visit one of the select ServiceOntario centres to apply for an Enhanced Driver’s Licence (EDL).
Once your appointment is booked you will need to bring the following to your appointment:
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence in good standing
- Proof of citizenship
- Your completed Citizenship Questionnaire
- Your completed Entitlement Document
- Copy of the Consent Form
The last and final renewal detail you may need to complete is the replacement of license plate stickers which can now conveniently be done online Online License Plate Renewal
You will need the following documentation to complete this online process
- Your Licence Plate number
- A valid credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express)
- A printer to print your transaction receipt
- Your insurance company name
- Your insurance policy number
- Your odometer reading
Depending on the information on file, you may also need to provide:
- Your vehicle inspection certificate number
- Your Drive Clean six-character security code
Good luck to all Stouffvillians with your one stop renewals!